MP3 Flash10 Loop Menu
Flash is being phased out
Check out the alpha HTML5 loop player if you are having trouble using this one.
Unlike my previous players, you can actually use your own loops on this one. There are a few guidelines though.
First, you are best saving as WAV, then encoding from the lame command line encoder at 192kbps (lame -b 192 file.wav)
Second, take note of the number of total samples in the ORIGINAL WAV, you'll need to set samples= to this number for a SEEMLESS loop
Third, You can either pass the variables through the SWF Loader (flashvars), or embed them in the COMM (ID3v2 Comments) of the MP3. If you embed them into the MP3, use the same format as flashvars (samples=1000&start=0&loop=500)
Lastly, variables passed to the SWF using flashvars will override any variables in ID3.
Tip: If you are getting alot of undesired noise with the speed shifter, try adding 0.001. For example, 0.95 = 0.951
Web Developer Tip 1: Embed player into your site via iFrame. Get embeddable transparent player by clicking "Get Link" and appending "&embed=1"
Web Developer Tip 2: Seek the player to your pre-determined position by setting up the variables in the form, then clicking "Get Link" and appending "&doseek=1"
Web Developer Tip 3: Check out my example page to learn more about embedding and controlling the player from your own site.
Loop Player Params:
- file - url to file (semi-required)
- band1 - EQ Low Band 0.0 - 3.0 (0 = off, 1 = normal) (multiply by 100 for php param)
- band2 - EQ Mid Band 0.0 - 3.0 (0 = off, 1 = normal) (multiply by 100 for php param)
- band3 - EQ High Band 0.0 - 3.0 (0 = off, 1 = normal) (multiply by 100 for php param)
- samples - raw wav samples (obtain from decent editor such as goldwave. use source wav file)
- buffer - decoder buffer, 2048 - 8192. (default 4096 if not specified)
- volume - initial playback volume 0 - 100 (default 50)
- start - start position in samples (default 0)
- loop - loop position in samples. this is where the player returns to when it reaches the the value of the samples param. (default 0)
- autostart - starts the playback automatically once loaded (true or false, 0 or 1) (default false)
- playspeed - Set playback speed. 1 = normal, 0.5 = half, ect
- setEQBand1(float) - EQ Low Band 0.0 - 3.0 (0 = off, 1 = normal)
- setEQBand2(float) - EQ Mid Band 0.0 - 3.0 (0 = off, 1 = normal)
- setEQBand3(float) - EQ High Band 0.0 - 3.0 (0 = off, 1 = normal)
- setVolume(int) - Sets volume to specified percentage
- setSeek(perc) - Seeks playback to specified percentage
- loadFile(newfile) - Loads a file. Requires above parameters to be embedded into COMM in ID3 of mp3
- togglePlayback() - Pauses the playback if it is playing, unpauses if it is not.
- setSeekRaw(int) - Seeks playback to specified sample.
- getSampleData() - Triggers SWF to call JS swfGetSampleData(), passing current and total sample values.
- setPlaySpeed() - Set playback speed. 1 = normal, 0.5 = half, ect
New! Beta offline AIR Application! Downloads loops from our site and saves them locally, for offline enjoyment.
Uses a heavily modified version of Andre Michelle's MP3Loop Class for Flash 10
Pitch shifting thanks to McFunkypants
EQ thanks to Blixt Systems
Download Source Code (AS3 Project) (Requires FlashDevelop and Flex SDK >= 4.6.0)